LIFT is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance access to justice for children and families by providing legal information, community education, and compassionate guidance, while promoting system-wide reform of the courts and public agencies. LIFT empowers those without lawyers to successfully self-advocate in the New York Family Courts. To learn more about its programs, please visit www.LIFTonline.org.
LIFT is a dynamic, growth-oriented organization with a team that is both professional and passionate about its work. It is also a great place to work. LIFT encourages ongoing professional development and support a healthy work-life balance. In addition to the satisfaction of seeing the impact they have on the lives of children and families, employees receive competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Legal Information for Families Today (LIFT) team. Please follow us on social media and check back here for periodic updates regarding our staffing needs.
HELPLINE PROGRAM ASSOCIATE
LIFT seeks a Helpline Associate to join our team. Applicants should have an interest in helping those navigating the legal system. LIFT provides our Associates with comprehensive training on the laws and procedures of New York Family Court. This position reports to the Director of Legal Technology.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide legal information to participants on LIFT’s Telephone, Email, and Live Chat Helplines about New York State family law in English and Spanish;
- Screen participants for additional LIFT services;
- Schedule appointments for participants;
- Make targeted community-based referrals;
- Collect and report on data; and
- Serve as a liaison and support programmatic activities as requested.
- Fluency in Spanish Required
- Bachelor degree is a minimum; Recent law school graduates are encouraged to apply; JD preferred;
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience or a demonstrated interest in increasing access to justice and providing services to the public;
- Commitment to providing high-quality, compassionate service;
- Professional, energetic, enthusiastic, able to multi-task; and
- Attention to detail and critical thinking.
Salary: LIFT offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: LIFT offers a generous benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403B Retirement Savings Plan, TransitChek Program, as well as a generous time off/holiday policy.
How to Apply: For confidential consideration please email your resume and thoughtful cover letter with “Helpline Associate” in the subject line to [email protected] No telephone calls please.
LIFT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about LIFT at www.LIFTonline.org